WHAT THEY’RE SAYING...
• I’ve had the pleasure of working with Jaye Medalia, who was design director for Country Living Gardener magazine, as well as many other publications including Rebecca’s Garden and several Country Living Special Interest Publications. Not only was she a highly creative and talented graphic designer, she was a pleasure
to work with and incredibly flexible when it came to working on layouts, trying out new design elements, and creating brand new magazines and prototypes from scratch on the turn of a dime. Jaye has impeccable taste in selecting the highest quality photography, an uncanny ability with color separation and creating tints, and is excellent at choosing just the right illustrator to convey the essence of a story. She is also a good manager of people and understands how to work within a budget. I highly recommend Jaye for your graphic design needs. —Diana Murphy, past Editor of Country Living Gardener Magazine
• Thank you for your part in this amazing project. Each of the books is a piece of art. I so appreciate the quality and discerning eye you brought to the work. I hope we have the opportunity to work together again. You are at the top of my list should we need an art director. —Dorothy Fowler, Pearson Publishing Company
I want to personally thank you, Jaye, for this issue being the very best issue of QUILT. You did an awesome job! I really love the layout designs. The issue looks wonderful! —Deborah Hern, past Editor
of Quilt Magazine
• Jaye, I wanted to thank you so much for all you’ve done for the book program. You’ve been so terrific and responsive and you’re truly talented. It has been a pleasure working with you. Thanks for everything! —Patrick Malone, The Dilenschneider Group
• I loved working with Jaye. I’ll recommend her every chance I get.
Not only is Jaye's design sense brilliant, but she is wonderfully accommodating for content changes, and her turnaround seems close to instantaneous. Could anyone ask for more? I don’t think so! —Mitzi Perdue, author
From various illustrators and photographers:
• It is so wonderful to have had a beautiful work experience with an art director like you! —Aliona Bereghici
• Nothing would make me happier than to work with you again.
It was an honor and a great pleasure! —Gretchen Deahl
• Your direct and encouraging manner is a pleasure to work with. I look forward to working again with you. —Jeannie Conway
• Thank you, Jaye! You are a dream to work with! —Virginia Allyn
• I hope we can work again in the future — you made it easy
and fun. —Jenna Riggs
• I just received the books that you designed. They are GORGEOUS!! The colors look so rich and the layouts are so perfect, and all the little touches that you added. Thanks again for doing such a fabulous job....you brought so much to the books!! —Kathleen Bart, Author